Are Northerners "Blue Necks" ?
1. You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."
2. You think Heinz Ketchup is really SPICY!
3. You would never stop to buy something somebody was cooking on the side of the
road. (i.e. Boiled Peanuts)
4. You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.
5. For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes-au-gratin to grits.
6. You don't know what a moon pie is.
7. You've never had an RC cola.
8. You've never, ever, eaten okra, fried, boiled, or pickled.
9. You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
10. You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on road
11. You have no idea what a polecat is.
12. You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on your dog.
13. You don't have bangs.
14. You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags.
15. You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own
TV fishing show.
16. Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you
guys," even if both of them are women.
17. You drink either "Pop" or "Soda"- instead of "cokes".
18. You've never eaten & don't know how to make a tomato sandwich.
19. You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-n-knife show.
20. You think more money should go to important scientific research at your
university than to pay the salary of the head football coach
21. You don't even have one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house.!
22. The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting on an
on-ramp to the highway.
23. You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.
24. You have more than one professional sports team in your home state.
25. The farthest south you've ever been is the perfume counter at Neiman Marcus.
26. You call binoculars opera glasses.
27. You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the
road and stopping.
28. You would never wear pink or an appliqué sweatshirt.
29. You don't know what appliqué is.
30. You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e., Joe Bob, Faye
Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice)
31. You don't know any women with male names (i.e., Tommie, Bobbie, Johnnie,
32. You don't have Maw-maw's & Paw-paw's.
33. You've never worn a sweatshirt with a pair of shorts.
34. You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make one.
35. You've never been to a craft show.
36. You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you.
37. You can do your laundry without quarters.
38. None of your fur coats are homemade.
39. You have no idea who the Allisons or Pettys are.
40. You've never been out dove huntin'.